Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Starting Tomorrow: ROUND TWO!

Nearly 6 months later, I'm finally ready to jump in the ring once again.

Tomorrow begins Grazer's Song-A-Day-Part-2!

For those unfamiliar with "round 1," here is the original rundown:


"For the next however long, I'm going to try and write/record/post one song every day. Each song will have to be made up on the spot, lyrics improvised (for better or worse) as I record, and less than an hour spent on the whole process. Other than that, anything goes.

The songs will be sketchy, the lyrics will be good and terrible (...indecipherable...), and the melodies and vocals will be raw and often off-key, but they'll be in the moment and whatever I record first pass I'll have to work with in the overdubs.

Some days I won't be able to record, so I'll record an extra song (or songs) the day before or after to make up for it. I've given myself a seven song buffer.

Mostly just for fun, and practice, and why not?"


Same rules apply. I started recording a few days ago, and so far, I'm very happy with the results. Comments are open - please leave any thoughts you might have!

For posterity, here's a quick link list to some of my favorites from round 1:
(my favorites change all the time, this only reflects how I feel at present)



033 05-05-06 misty highway

021 04-23-06 climbing mining

012 04-14-06 eye peach

006 04-08-06 my tv screens

008 04-10-06 be my friend

025 04-27-06 totally aligned

032 05-04-06 goodbye lazy dream


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home